Monday, December 7, 2015

November Wrap-Up


★★★

Winter (Lunar Chronicles by #4)  by Marissa Meyer

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
Life of Pi by Yann Martel

☆☆

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

☆☆

Pretend You're Mine by Lucy Score

Wrong by Jana Astion

Recap:

Hot damn, Winter was amazing! I've been waiting months for it to come out and Marissa Meyer did not disappoint! I even went back and re-read Scarlet because I was so psyched.

I honestly haven't read Fight Club until know. I know, right? If you have only seen the movie, the book is obviously phenomenal. It was interesting to see how the twist was handled in print since the cinematography played such a huge role in the movie. 

Toward the end of the month I was in a minor car accident - don't worry, I'm okay! But I had a lot of downtime where I wasn't around my own books. First I downloaded a couple of 99-cent romances (hilarity ensued), then I borrowed Life of Pi from my boyfriend.

As soon as I recovered, I got by butt to a library and wrapped up the month with Linger. All I remember about reading Shiver years ago was that it was a cheap Twilight rip-off, but after loving The Raven Cycle, I decided to give Steifvater's debut series another shot. Believe it or not, it gets a 3/5 from me! Review to come.


Currently Reading in December...





No comments:

Post a Comment