Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Let's Get Spoopy!


With Halloween approaching, I think it's time for some spooky book recs! I'm not much of a horror reader (trust me, I won't be able to sleep!) but here are some of my faves:

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater




I'm a huge fan of complex characters and magical realism, so this series really has everything for me! any time someone asks for a generic book recommendation, this series is my go-to!

Anna Series by Kendare Blake



With the recent hype of Blake's new Three Dark Crowns, I've been encouraging people to go back and check out this series. Great MC, awesome world building, and genuinely creepy!

The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot




I legitimately grew up on this series! Jesse and Suze were probably the first ship I ever shipped. It may not be too creepy, but the characters and plot are great. Plus a new sequel just came out after a ten year wait!

Books by Cat Winters



Cat Winters is a grossly under-appreciated newer author! She's somewhere in the vein of Random Riggs in using historical photographs to construct a plot, but unlike Riggs, in my opinion, her plots are actually um *cough* interesting. I've only read these two and I've given them both four stars. Great historical plots and a thoroughly creepy vibe!

A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket



How could I not include these?

I Am Haunted by Zak Bagans



This is more so a recommendation for Zak's tv show Ghost Adventures because his biographies read a little weird, but if you're looking for true horror, look no farther! Zak and his crew are the most engaging and convincing paranormal experts I've come across.


What are your spooky Halloween recs? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment