Monday, November 30, 2015

Review: UnStrung

UnStrung UnStrung by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not usually one for these "point-five" books. In my opinion, if it was something necessary for the story, it should have been able to fit into the story. However, my immense respect for Neal Shusterman lead me to shell out the $1.99 this e-book cost.

Well, it definitely wasn't up to the standard to Unwind or the standard I'm expecting of Unwholly, but it was a good enough quick read. As the summary suggests, it tells the gap left in Lev's story. He is temporarily taken in by a tribe of "Chance People," Native Americans, who are self-governing and thus immune to unwind orders. While there, he grows close to a boy named Wil who plays guitar as a sort of healer for his people.

A lot of reviews say this is too short and I completely agree. Not only is it not enough to sink your teeth into, but Wil's plot and Lev's development felt rushed. It was actually a pretty cool story they had going, but crammed into way too short of a page count.

If it's any consolation, there's a preview of Unwholly at the end, and that looks awesome! We've got an interesting new character heading our way.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment