Monday, November 30, 2015

Review: Identity

Identity Identity by Ted Dekker
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I like the way this book is split up, with four smaller installments that fit together as one novel. I didn't feel cheated by the length because there was plenty happening and this installment had a plot arc of its own.

The characters were good. A little bit "woe is me, my childhood was terrible," but their backstories really informed their personalities and made them interesting players in the story. What bothered me was the ease with which they fell into everything. Too often I was going, "Okay, things seriously don't happen like that." Maybe things will make more sense in the next installment, but for now, I feel like all logic and structures of the legal system have been thrown out the window. Hence the two stars for now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment