Monday, February 22, 2016

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm that gets you thinking about a bookish question. Check it out and join the fun!


I bought the following book(s) the past week...


I really splurged this week and bought three new books! they've been on my TBR and to-buy list for months, so I figured why deprive myself? I am the proud new owner of Glass Sword, Ten Thousand Skies Above You, and Career of Evil.


This Week's Random Question: How do you choose which books you read?


Well that's a loaded, multi-part question. If I've never encountered a book before, I usually hear about it first through reviews from friends on Goodreads or book blogs I follow. Even if I come across a book in a library or bookstore, I'll rarely if ever pick it up without first reading up on reviews. The scan function on the Goodreads app is literally my best friend!

As far as how I pick which book I'm about to read? It's usually a matter of availability. Right now I'm reading the three books above in the order I posted because that's the order I got them in the mail. I also frequently request books from my local library system (CWMARS). When there is popular demand for a book, it could take weeks or even months to show up, so it's a surprise to get them and read them as they show up.

In between all of those are ARCS's. I constantly scroll through sites like NetGalley and Xpresso Book Tours to find free reads that I'm interested in. I don't like e-readers or Kindle on my phone, but since this is free access to awesome new books, I tend to keep one on my phone that I'm "actively reading" whenever I'm in between physical books or just don't have one on hand.

Musing Mondays at ADailyRhythm


No comments:

Post a Comment