Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Song Book Tag

ChristmasSongsBookTag

Book tag by  That Artsy Reader Girl.


1) "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" - Name a villainous character you couldn't help but love.

Neither of these are truly villains, but Mikey McGee from The Skinjacker Trilogy by Neal Shusterman is one of my favorite male love interests, and second is Mr. Gray from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater because who doesn't love a morally proper hit man? If we're going strickly villain, I'm gonna have to pull is some Cersei Lannister from ASOIAF.

Want to participate in the tag? Just copy paste and credit the Original Poster. Then comment below so I can check yours out!


2)"All I Want For Christmas Is You" - Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree this year?

I'm going to buy myself the complete Infernal Devices series, but I'm really hoping someone buys me Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith/J.K. Rowling!

3)"Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer" - Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves.

I'm going to bring up Mikey McGee again, because he goes from true villain to a man in love to a hero and never truly "redeems" himself. Since the series has so much to do with the afterlife, he really does have to come to terms with who he is and his greater "judgement" - and ahh I love him! Also Sansa Stark because she's my precious flower.

4)"Santa Clause is Coming to Town" - a) Which character do you think is at the top of the naughty list and b) which character do you think is at the top of the nice list?

a) Ramsey Bolton from ASOIAF and Amy from Gone Girl are som pretty sick puppies.
b) Jem Carstairs from Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (poor baby), Prim from the Hunger Games, and I'll always fall back on Ron Weasley from Harry Potter as one of the nicest and most honest characters.

5)"Frosty the Snowman" - Which book just melts your heart?

Anna and the French Kiss (and sequels) by Stephanie Perkins and If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman.

6)"Feliz Navidad" - Pick a book that takes place in a country other than your own.

Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor (Prague), The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke (Venice), and Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Barcelona). They set beautiful fantasy worlds in cities that are also so steeped in history and mystery.

7)"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - Which Christmas book do you use to spread the Christmas joy.

I always love Jan Brett's picture book of The Night Before Christmas, but as far as real books, gotta love Harry Potter! 

8)"Sleigh Ride" - Which character would you choose to spend the holidays with?

The Weasleys of course! I think I'd look dashing in a Molly sweater.

9)"Baby It's Cold Outside" - which book, that you didn't like, would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold?

1776 by David McCullough and Burmese Days by George Orwell. Both assigned by the same high school history teacher hellbend on wasting our youth. 

10)"Do You Hear What I Hear?" - Which book do you think everyone should read?

For anyone who thinks these series are overhyped, please consider them again: The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor, Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, and Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.


No comments:

Post a Comment